Remmet Services Nigeria Limited has carried out several corrosion surveys for customers around the globe. Our corrosion survey methodology includes:
- Soil and water corrosivity tests in the field (soil or water sample collection), for field and laboratory analysis, evaluation, testing and corrosion control design.
- Stray direct current interference research, investigation, and mitigation.
- Corrosion protection system design, inspection, and checkout to include coating systems, bond cables, electrical continuity, rectifier operations, test stations, galvanic or impressed current anodes, and isolation devices.
- Underground pipeline coating flaw surveys for dielectrically coated pipe and close interval potential surveys (CIS).
- Paint and coating testing on exposed structures (including tanks and pipes).
- Electrical test methods utilizing “structure-to-soil” potentials and “line voltage drops” for evaluation of continuity, insulating joints, current drains, electrical shorts, and related system circuitry. Highly accurate location of ineffective or missing bonds on underground pipelines.
- Current requirement tests for selection and sizing of cathodic protection system components.
- Continuous corrosion monitoring and adjustment of cathodic protection systems for optimum effectiveness.
- Non-destructive testing including ultrasonic thickness measurements, flaw detection, and visual examination